- 1 linear foot (3 boxes, 2 v.)
- Collection contains titles to property in Albany, Franklin, Montgomery, Richmond, Schenectady, Schoharie, and Washington Counties, N.Y., New York City, and Bennington, Vt.; partition books; records of rentals; fieldbooks of surveys of Duanesburgh, N.Y.; and other land and estate papers.
- Land surveys.
- Access (note)
- Restricted access;
- Microfilm must be used in lieu of originals.
- Additional Formats (note)
- Source (note)
- Biography (note)
- James Duane (1733-1797) was a judge, mayor of New York City, and member of the Continental Congress.
- Processing Action (note)
- Cataloging updated
- Call Number
- MssCol 847
Duane, James, 1733-1797.
James Duane papers, 1750-1867.
- Additional Formats
Available on microfilm; New York Public Library; *ZL-200
- Restricted Access
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Microfilm must be used in lieu of originals.
James Duane (1733-1797) was a judge, mayor of New York City, and member of the Continental Congress.
- Finding Aids
Collection guide available in repository and on internet.
- Connect to:
- Research Call Number