- Additional Authors
- 1.8 linear feet (4 boxes, 1 v.)
- Collection consists of correspondence, writings and printed matter mainly concerning American history during the colonial and revolutionary periods.
- Access (note)
- Source (note)
- Lenox Library; Ford Collection; Gansevoort-Lansing Collection
- Biography (note)
- George Henry Moore (1823-1892) was an American librarian, historian and bibliographer.
- Indexes/Finding Aids (note)
- Finding aid available in repository and on internet.
- Processing Action (note)
- Call Number
- MssCol 2050
Moore, George Henry, 1823-1892.
George Henry Moore papers, 1851-1891.
- Restricted Access
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
George Henry Moore (1823-1892) was an American librarian, historian and bibliographer. He was librarian at the New York Historical Society from 1850 to 1876. He also was elected superintendent and trustee for the Lenox Library in 1872 and became administrator for the library in 1876. As a historian he concentrated on the colonial and revolutionary periods of American history.
Finding aid available in repository and on internet.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Eames, Wilberforce, 1855-1937.
Pilling, James Constantine, 1846-1895.
Powell, John W.
- Research Call Number