Ludie Claire collection
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
Available - Can be used on site. Please visit New York Public Library - Performing Arts Research Collections to submit a request in person.
|Moving image||Supervised use||8-MWEZ+ n.c. 21426||Performing Arts Research Collections - Theatre|
- Additional Authors
- .4 lin. ft. (1 box)
- The Ludie Claire collection consists of scripts written by Ludie Claire as well as a prompt book of LIFE WITH FATHER by Russel Crouse and Howard Lindsay.
- Film scripts.
- Source (note)
- Biography (note)
- Ludie Claire, actress and writer, was born Edilou Bailhe, on April 15, 1922 to Georges Laurent and Edith (Nickell) Bailhe in Fort Wayne, IN.
- Indexes/Finding Aids (note)
- Finding aid available in repository:
- Ask librarian for finding aid in Cornell-McClintic Room.
- Processing Action (note)
- Call Number
- 8-MWEZ+ n.c. 21426
- Claire, Ludie, 1922-
- Ludie Claire collection, 1960-1975.
- Ludie Claire, actress and writer, was born Edilou Bailhe, on April 15, 1922 to Georges Laurent and Edith (Nickell) Bailhe in Fort Wayne, IN. She studied with Lee Strasberg in New York City, 1938-40 and married John Claire, director, on May 22, l940.Ludie Claire has appeared on stage, film and television since 1947. Her Broadway credits include: THE PRISONER OF SECOND AVENUE, MEDEA, TOWER BEYOND TRAGEDY, DUEL OF ANGELS, THE COUNTRY WIFE, LEGEND OF LOVERS and SILK STOCKINGS. In the stock circuit she played the role of "Vinnie" opposite her second husband, Laurence Hugo in LIFE WITH FATHER. Her television credits include THE EDGE OF NIGHT. Her writing career earned her the Sylvania and Christopher awards for the television adaptation of Thornton Wilder's THE BRIDGE OF SAN LUIS REY for the Dupont Show of the Month on NBC in l958. She died July 3, 1990.
- Finding aid available in repository: folder level control.Ask librarian for finding aid in Cornell-McClintic Room.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
- Claire, Ludie, 1922- Parting glass.Crouse, Russel, 1893-1966.Lindsay, Howard, 1889-1968. Life with father.Day, Clarence, 1874-1935. Life with father.Claire, Ludie, 1922- 28th of June.
- Research Call Number
- 8-MWEZ+ n.c. 21426