- Additional Authors
- xv, 338 p. incl. illus. (maps) tables, diagrs.; 24 cm.
- Series Statement
- Duke university publications
- Uniform Title
- Duke University publications.
- Alternative Title
- Comparative study of American caste.
- Race relations and social change.
- "A Duke university centennial publication."
- Introduction, by E. T. Thompson.--The nature of race relations, by R. E. Park.--Competition and the racial division of labor, by E. R. Reuter.--The trend of the racial balance of births and deaths, by S. J. Holmes.--Racial competition for the land, by R. B. Vance.--Patterns of race conflict, by G. B. Johnson.--The Negro as a contrast conception, by L. C. Copeland.--The plantation: the physical basis of traditional race relations, by E. T. Thompson.--A comparative study of American caste , by W. L. Warner and Allison Davis.--Race mixture and the mulatto, by E. V. Stonequist.--Race relations and social change, by C. S. Johnson.--A bibliography of race relations (p. -328)
- Call Number
- Sc 323-T (Thompson, E. T. Race relations and the race problem)
Thompson, Edgar T. (Edgar Tristram), 1900-1989.
Race relations and the race problem, a definition and an analysis. Edgar T. Thompson, editor; contributors: Robert E. Park, Edward B. Reuter, S.J. Holmes [and others].
Durham, N.C., Duke University Press, 1939.
Duke university publications
Duke University publications.
- Added Author
Davis, Allison, 1902- Comparative study of American caste. 1939.
Johnson, Charles Spurgeon, 1893-1956. Race relations and social change. 1939.
- Added Title
Comparative study of American caste.
Race relations and social change.
- Research Call Number
Sc 323-T (Thompson, E. T. Race relations and the race problem)