- Additional Authors
- Shaw, Bernard, 1856-1950.
- 24 letters (52 leaves, in 1 portfolio).
- Formerly cataloged in Cage File.
- Access (note)
- Collection is open to the public. Library policy on photography and photocopying will apply. Advance notice may be required.
- Source (note)
- Biography (note)
- Richard Mansfield, actor, was born in Berlin in 1854.
- Processing Action (note)
- Updated from Cage File
- Call Number
- *T-Mss 1941-001
Mansfield, Richard, 1857-1907.
Letters from George Bernard Shaw, 1894-1927.
- Restricted Access
Collection is open to the public. Library policy on photography and photocopying will apply. Advance notice may be required.
Transcribed letters, carbon copies, from George Bernard Shaw to Richard Mansfield and/or his wife, Beatrice Cameron, concerning Mr. Shaw's plays.
Richard Mansfield, actor, was born in Berlin in 1854. He began his career on the London stage but by 1882 he had migrated to the United States and was appearing in the New York theater. Mansfield was instrumental in introducing the works of George Bernard Shaw to the American stage. In his last theatrical performance he played the title role of PEER GYNT in the first English language production of that play.
- Added Author
Shaw, Bernard, 1856-1950.
- Research Call Number