Websites for residential real estate listings
Websites for commercial real estate listings
Business Directories (print and online)
- Diary & Manual of the Real Estate Board of New York [*R-SIBL HD1361 .D4]- includes a list of REBNY’s members, major real estate laws and regulations, and a listing of government agencies and civic organizations involved in realty issues
- Manhattan cooperative and condominium directory [*R-SIBL HD7287.72.U62 .N56 B. Altman Reference Desk] - includes a physical description of the building and the names of the managing agent, the board president and the building superintendent
- New York Commercial Real Estate Broker Directory
- New York Real Estate Directory
- Office buildings [*R-SIBL HD1393.55 .O14]- description of office buildings in Manhattan
- Real Estate Directory of Manhattan [*R-SIBL HD268.N5 R3 Delivery Desk]- detailed information on residential buildings, including comparable sale prices.
- Who’s Who in Luxury Real Estate [*R-SIBL HD278 .W47]
Online Real Estate Records /Building Information (New York)
- ACRIS (Automated New York City Register Information System) - allows you to search property records and view document images for Manhattan, Queens, Bronx, and Brooklyn from 1966 to the present.
- NYC Buildings Information System - information on a property including recorded complaints and violations, actions, applicatons, and inspections.
- NYC Department of Buildings - The Department of Buildings regulates the lawful use of over one million buildings and construction sites across NYC and it enforces the City’s Construction Codes, Zoning Resolution, and the New York State Multiple Dwelling Law.
- NYC Department of Design and Construction Project Browser - construction projects by borough, zipcode, Council district and project code. Information includes project location, scope of work, dollar value, and phase
- NYC Housing and Preservation Department's Building, Registration & Violation database - open complaints, violations, litigation, ERP charges, and building registration information
- NYC Property Information System -the Real Estate Tax Assessment Roll, the property tax rate and amount, and assessed value of any property in the five boroughs (note: assessed value may or may not correspond to market value), view lot and building size
Research / Statistics
Consult SIBL's market research/industry surveys databases (First Research, IBISWorld,Mintel, Plunkett's, etc. ) for reports on real estate market with key statistics, market characteristics and segmentation, industry conditions, leading competitors, industry performance analysis and future outlook
Emerging Trends In Real Estate website provides an outlook on real estate investment and development trends, real estate finance and capital markets, property sectors, metropolitan areas, and other real estate issues for global; US & Canada; Europe, and Asia Pacific markets.
Income/Expense Analysis (print resources)
- Income/Expense & Analysis. Conventional Apartments [*R-SIBL HD1394 .I580]
- Income/Expense Analysis. Federally-Assisted Apartments [*R-SIBL HD7288.78.U5 .I523]
- Income/Expense Analysis. Office buildings, downtown and suburban [*R-SIBL HD1394 .I577]
- Income/Expense Analysis. Shopping Centers [*R-SIBL HF5430.3 .I5]
Commercial Real Estate Market (online resources)
- Commercial Real Estate Index - quarterly US reports
- Cushman & Wakefield - US local and global reports
- Newmark Grubb Knight Frank - quarterly reports on major US and foreign markets
- Real time and historical data on commercial real estate listings
Commercial Real Estate Market in New York City (online resources)
- Colliers International - reports on rents and leases in Manhattan and Brooklyn
- Cushman &Wakefield - reports on Manhattan
- JLL - reports on Manhattan and Brooklyn
Residential Real Estate Market (online resources)
- Housing Sales and Affordability Statistics on the national, regional, and metro-market level.
- HUD User - housing research, data, and policy analysis by U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- S&P Case-Shiller Home Price Indices - U.S. residential real estate prices nationally as well as in 20 metropolitan regions
Residential Real Estate Market in New York City (online resources)
- Brown Harris Stevens - reports on Manhattan's and Brooklyn's sales
- CitiHabitats - sales and rentals reports for Manhattan and Brooklyn
- CityRealty - monthly reports on Manhattan's sale prices
- DouglasElliman - Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Westchester and Long Island sale and rental reports
- MNS - reports on prices in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens.
- NYC OASIS - create NYC maps by zip code, borough, tax block and lot or neighborhood
- Sanborn Maps - tri-state large-scale fire insurance maps 1867-1970
- SimplyMap - use thousands of demographic and business data variables to create a map or a table.
- The Cooperator: Coop and Condo Monthly – focuses on the New York Metro area
- Crittenden Report Real Estate Financing - helps to find equity financing or loans.
- Habitat Magazine - about cooperatives and condominiums in the New York City greater metropolitan area.
- Real Deal - considered the bible of NYC real estate business.
- American Real Estate Society
- Commercial Real Estate Financial Council
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- National Association of Realtors
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts
- National Real Estate Investors Association
- Real Estate Lenders Association
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
New York City
- Commercial Real Estate Women of New York
- Council of New York Co-operatives and Condominiums
- The Federation of New York Housing Cooperatives & Condominiums
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board
- Real Estate Board of New York
- Young Men’s/Women’s Real Estate Association of New York
- Young Real Estate Professionals New York