Building Guide: Library for the Performing Arts
A floor-by-floor breakdown of collections and services in the Library for the Performing Arts.
Click thumbnails for full-size floorplans
Begin your work at the 2nd floor reference desks. Materials from the Research Collections are accessed on the 3rd floor.
- Bruno Walter Auditorium
- Vincent Astor Gallery
First Floor (Plaza Level)
- Information Desk
- Circulation Desk (including Popular Songbooks)
- Internet Stations (public access)
- Listening and Multimedia Stations
- Circulating DVDs, Videos, CDs (Recorded Sound and Moving Image Collection)
- Miriam and Harold Steinberg Reading Room: Reference for Circulating Drama, Film, Dance; Jerome Robbins Dance Division, Billy Rose Theatre Division, Reserve Film and Video Collection; Books, Periodicals, Play Index.
- Robert W. Wilson Music Circulating Collection Reading Room: Reference for Circulating Music, Music Division, Rodgers and Hammerstein Archives of Recorded Sound, Books, Scores, Periodicals, Song Index.
- Public Copiers
- Change Machine
- Copy Card Dispenser
- Research Collections
- Theatre on Film and Tape (TOFT) Archive and screening room
- Seating for Paged Research Materials
- Viewing and Listening Stations
- Reserve Film and Video Collection Film Study Room
- Microfilm Readers
- Open Shelf Reference
- Self-Copying Service