New York StartUP! 2017 Business Plan Competition
Registration for the New York StartUP! 2017 Business Plan Competition is now closed.
Check back in October for information on the 2018 Competition.
The New York Public Library, supported by the Citi Foundation, is proud to announce the 8th Annual New York StartUP! Business Plan Competition for New York-based startup entrepreneurs. Entrants can win up to $15, 000 to start their business, as well as gain practical insights about starting and growing a business, while using the comprehensive small business resources at NYPL’s Science, Industry and Business Library (SIBL).
- You must live in Manhattan, The Bronx, or Staten Island
- Your business must be in Manhattan, The Bronx, or Staten Island
- All businesses must have ideas or business models in the start-up phase and have earned less than $10,000
For more details see our Rules and Eligibility page.
- Complete the online orientation session and quiz
- Attend 3 out of 4 technical workshops scheduled January – April 2017- View the schedule
- Meet regularly with a business advisor throughout the Competition - View the list of business advisors
- Upload your business plan to the NY Start UP! 2017 site on FluidReview no later than midnight, June 6, 2017
- Create an account on the NY StartUP! 2017 site on FluidReview
- Complete the online orientation and quiz on the NY StartUP! 2017 site on FluidReview or attend an onsite orientation session
- Submit an entry form on the NY StartUP! 2017 site on FluidReview by midnight, Saturday, February 25, 2017
- Upload your plan in PDF format to the NY StartUP! 2017 site on FluidReview no later than June 6, 2017 at midnight
1st Place Award: $15,000
2nd Place Award: $10,000
3rd Place Award: $5,000