NYC Small Business Resource Center
Helpful Resources | Business Events | Notices & Press
Business Plan Winner 2016
The top prize of $15,000 went to Reefill created by Patrick Connorton, Jason Pessel, and Andrew Betlyon.
Reefill is a subscription-based service that provides New Yorkers with access to cold, filtered tap water from a network of refill stations throughout the city via Reefill’s app. View more images
A web portal that provides relevant information—in the language of their choosing—to New Americans wanting to start a business in New York City.
- Pace University's Small Business Development Center and the Science, Industry and Business Library [SIBL] have launched a FREE one-on-one Business Counseling Service at SIBL. One hour sessions are available one Tuesday a month [from 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM] and one Wednesday a month [from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM]. Registration is required.
- Sample Business Plans are available for your use via Gale's Small Business Resource Center database. The database is available onsite or remotely from home with a valid New York Public Library card.
- Small Group Meeting Rooms are available free at the Science, Industry and Business Library for groups of 2-10 people working on a business project. Time slots are for one or two hours and Wi-Fi is available.
- The New York City Police Department [NYPD] has launched a web portal enabling New Yorkers involved in traffic accidents to find their collision report online.
- Any person, business, or organization with a physical address within the five boroughs can register for a .nyc domain name web address.
- Locate an affordable incubator, co-working space or wet lab that meets your needs by visiting the New York City Economic Development Corporation's [NYCEDC} Incubators and Workspaces Network.
- Visit the New York City Economic Development Corporation's [NYCEDC] Digital.NYC - New York City's hub for tech and startups - to locate tech workspaces and co-working spaces, and accelerators and incubators.
- The New York City Department of Small Business Services' [ SBS] Business Solutions Center can help you launch your business.
- If your business is working on - or hoping to work on - a project with a City agency or with the New York City Economic Development Corporation [NYCEDC] the New York City Department of Small Business Services can help you secure the financing you need via their Contract Financing Loan Fund.
- Need New York City Statistics? Visit NYC Data; NYC Open Data; NYC Census FactFinder; We Are Made in NY; and AllTransit.
- The U.S. Census Bureau's Annual Survey of Entrepreneurs [ASE] provides data on select economic and demographic characteristics of employer businesses and their owners by gender, ethnicity, race, and veteran status. ASE is a supplement to the Bureau's Survey of Business Owners [SBO] which is done every five years.
NYC Health Insurance Link [HI Link] helps New Yorkers—business owners and individuals—learn how to get the health coverage they need.
- Effective December 21, 2015: anyone who owns a small unarmed aircraft of a certain weight must register with the Federal Aviation Administration's Unmanned Aircraft System [UAS] Registry before flying outdoors. People who previously operated their UAS must register by February 16, 2016. People who do not register could face civil and criminal penalties. Drone owners can also call 1-844-244-3565.
- Small Business Pulse
Entrepreneurship Glossary: translation into Spanish, French, Persian and Arabic. Also translations of other documents.
Questions about your business credit? Visit Experian's BusinessCreditFacts.
BusinessLoans is a free, educational website that provides business financing information to small business owners.
- Learn about branding strategy at SCORE's morning seminar Building and Protecting a Brand That Customers Love on Tuesday June 20, 2017 from 10:15 AM - 2:00 PM.
- The Library invites you to attend a FREE evening seminar Culture of Opportunity: How to Grow Your Business in an Age of Disruption on Tuesday June 20, 2017 from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM.
- Learn how to effectvely use video to grow your business at the Library's FREE evening seminar Video Marketing and Livestreaming on Thursday June 29, 2017 from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM.
- SCORE's next QuickBooks in the Cloud Hands-On Workshop for PC and Mac Users seminar is scheduled for Thursday June 22, 2017 from 1:00 PM - 5;00 PM at Presti & Naegele.
- Learn how to craft your business plan at SCORE's FREE full day workshop Create the Business Plan That's Right for You on Wednesday June 28, 2017 from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM at the Wells Fargo Bank on 42nd Street.
- The Pace University Small Business Development Center [SBDC] and the Small Business Administration are offering a full day seminar in digital marketing - Marketing Bitz Bootcamp - on Tuesday June 27, 2017 from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM at Yext.
- Startupalooza invites you to participate in their Summer Pitching event on Wednesday June 28, 2017 from 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM at WeWork on Broad Street.
- The Pace University Small Business Development Center [SBDC] and Excelsior Growth Fund are presenting a FREE two part seminar Forecasting Sales Growth: a Guide to Financial Projections on Thursday July 13, 2017 and Tuesday July 18, 2017 from 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM at One Pace Plaza.
- Need to know more about trademarks? The Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts is presenting a afternoon seminar Trademark Basics for Artists on Thursday July 18, 2017 from 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM at the VLA Auditorium.
- The final part in the Brooklyn Public Library's series You Can Make It! Be Crafty & Make Money - a panel discussion on Starting a Craft Business & Selling Online - is scheduled for Tuesday June 20, 2017 from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM at the Brooklyn Central Library Conference Room on Grand Army Plaza. Registration is required - call 718.623.7000 and select option 4.
- The New American Chamber of Commerce [NACC] invites you to attend their annual International and Multicultural Business, Homebuyers and Health Expo on Thursday June 22, 2017 from 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM at the Sheraton Brooklyn.
- WEnyc is presenting a morning seminar WE Master Money: Funding on Thursday June 22, 2017 from 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM at the YWCA Brooklyn.
- SCORE invites you to attend a morning seminar Creative Marketing on a Shoestring Budget on Friday June 23, 2017 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM at the Brooklyn Central Library on Grand Army Plaza.
- The Institute for Entrepreneurial Leadership's 2016 schedule of Next Level Webinars is now available. All webinars take place on the last Monday of the month from 8:30 PM -9:30 PM.
- The European Patent Office is offering a series of webinars for patent information users.
- The Volunteers of Legal Service' Microenterprise Project and the New York City Department of Small Business Services have joined together to launch their Commercial Leasing Initiative. Through the Initiative, volunteer lawyers will educate entrepremeurs and small business owners across the City about leasing commercial real estate.