NYC Small Business Resource Center
Helpful Resources | Business Events | Notices & Press
Business Plan Winner 2016
The top prize of $15,000 went to Reefill created by Patrick Connorton, Jason Pessel, and Andrew Betlyon.
Reefill is a subscription-based service that provides New Yorkers with access to cold, filtered tap water from a network of refill stations throughout the city via Reefill’s app. View more images
A web portal that provides relevant information—in the language of their choosing—to New Americans wanting to start a business in New York City.
- On Wednesday November 2, 2016 the Science, Industry and Business Library [SIBL] and Pace University's Small Business Development Center are launching a FREE one-on-one Business Counseling Service at SIBL. One hour sessions are available one Tuesday [from 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM] and one Wednesday [from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM] per month. Registration is required.
- Sample Business Plans are available for your use via Gale's Small Business Resource Center database. The database is available onsite or remotely from home with a valid New York Public Library card.
- Small Group Meeting Rooms are available free at the Science, Industry and Business Library for groups of 2-10 people working on a business project. Time slots are for one or two hours and Wi-Fi is available.
- Any person, business, or organization with a physical address within the five boroughs can register for a .nyc domain name web address.
- Locate an affordable incubator, co-working space or wet lab that meets your needs by visiting the New York City Economic Development Corporation's [NYCEDC} Incubators and Workspaces Network.
- Visit the New York City Economic Development Corporation's [NYCEDC] Digital.NYC - New York City's hub for tech and startups - to locate tech workspaces and co-working spaces, and accelerators and incubators.
- The New York City Department of Small Business Services' [ SBS] Business Solutions Center can help you launch your business.
- Need New York City Statistics? Visit NYC Data; NYC Open Data; NYC Census FactFinder; We Are Made in NY; and AllTransit.
- The U.S. Census Bureau's Annual Survey of Entrepreneurs [ASE] provides data on select economic and demographic characteristics of employer businesses and their owners by gender, ethnicity, race, and veteran status. ASE is a supplement to the Bureau's Survey of Business Owners [SBO] which is done every five years.
NYC Health Insurance Link [HI Link] helps New Yorkers—business owners and individuals—learn how to get the health coverage they need.
- Start-Up NY—New York State Empire Development is creating tax free zones across the state for new and expanding businesses.
- Effective December 21, 2015: anyone who owns a small unarmed aircraft of a certain weight must register with the Federal Aviation Administration's Unmanned Aircraft System [UAS] Registry before flying outdoors. People who previously operated their UAS must register by February 16, 2016. People who do not register could face civil and criminal penalties. Drone owners can also call 1-844-244-3565.
- Small Business Pulse
Entrepreneurship Glossary: translation into Spanish, French, Persian and Arabic. Also translations of other documents.
Questions about your business credit? Visit Experian's BusinessCreditFacts.
BusinessLoans is a free, educational website that provides business financing information to small business owners.
- Part one of two evening seminars - Family Business Part 1: Professionalizing Your Family Business - is scheduled for Thursday December 8, 2016 from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM.
- SCORE is presenting a morning seminar Creative Marketing on a Shoestring Budget on Tuesday December 13, 2016 from 10:15 AM - 2:00 PM.
- SCORE invites you to participate in a morning seminar Selling Skills & Customer Relationship Software: Keys to Successful Sales on Thursday December 15, 2016 from 10:15 AM - 2:00 PM.
- Part two of two evening seminars - Family Business Part 2: Family Business Boards - is scheduled for Thursday December 15, 2016 from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM.
- The Library invites you to participate in a afternoon seminar Crafting an Elevator Pitch on Thursday December 22, 2016 from 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM.
- SCORE invites you to participate in a morning seminar Converting Website Traffic Into Sales on Wednesday December 14, 2016 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM at 26 Federal Plaza.
- Brainstorm with your peers at SCORE's morning seminar Storytelling: Win Your Clients' Hearts and Minds on Tuesday December 20, 2016 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM at One Penn Plaza.
- WE NYC and the BOC Women's Business Center invite you to participate in a two part seminar WE Master Money: Funding on Thursday-Friday December 8-December 9, 2016 from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM at the YWCA Brooklyn.
- SCORE invites you to participate in a morning seminar Employment and Labor Law Essentials on Friday December 9, 2016 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM at the Brooklyn Central Library on Grand Army Plaza.
- The BOC Women's Business Center is presenting a FREE evening seminar Signing a Commercial Lease: What You Need to Know on Monday December 12, 2016 from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM at the Brooklyn Public library on Grand Army Plaza.
- Learn about funding options for small businesses at SCORE and the SBA's FREE morning workshop Funding Your Small Business on Monday December 19, 2016 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM at the Brooklyn Central Library on Grand Army Plaza.
- Tekie Geek and Datto invite you to participate in their FREE morning seminar Lunch and Learn: Business Continuity and Data Protection on Thursday December 8, 2016 from 11;00 AM - 1:00 PM at the Jade Asian Bistro.
- The Institute for Entrepreneurial Leadership's 2016 schedule of Next Level Webinars is now available. All webinars take place on the last Monday of the month from 8:30 PM -9:30 PM.
- The European Patent Office is offering a series of webinars for patent information users.
- The Volunteers of Legal Service' Microenterprise Project and the New York City Department of Small Business Services have joined together to launch their Commercial Leasing Initiative. Through the Initiative, volunteer lawyers will educate entrepremeurs and small business owners across the City about leasing commercial real estate.