NYC Small Business Resource Center
Helpful Resources | Business Events | Notices & Press
Business Plan Winner: Chocoholics of the World, Get Ready!
In honor of National Chocolate Day, we're proud to say The Harlem Chocolate Factory is here to stay. This high-quality, locally-manufactured and responsibly-sourced “chocolate cultural experience” is the creation of Jessica Spaulding, owner, founder, and business plan winner.
- Sample Business Plans are available for your use via Gale's Small Business Resource Center database. The database is available onsite or remotely from home with a valid New York Public Library card.
- Small Group Meeting Rooms are available free at the Science, Industry and Business Library for groups of 2-10 people working on a business project. Time slots are for one or two hours and Wi-Fi is available.
- Locate an affordable incubator, co-working space or wet lab that meets your needs by visiting the New York City Economic Development Corporation's [NYCEDC} Incubators and Workspaces Network.
- Visit the New York City Economic Development Corporation's [NYCEDC] Digital.NYC - New York City's hub for tech and startups - to locate tech workspaces and co-working spaces, and accelerators and incubators.
- The New York City Department of Small Business Services' [ SBS] Business Solutions Center can help you launch your business.
- Need New York City Statistics? Visit NYC Data; NYC Open Data; NYC Census FactFinder; We Are Made in NY; and AllTransit.
NYC Health Insurance Link [HI Link] helps New Yorkers—business owners and individuals—learn how to get the health coverage they need.
- Start-Up NY—New York State Empire Development is creating tax free zones across the state for new and expanding businesses.
- Effective December 21, 2015: anyone who owns a small unarmed aircraft of a certain weight must register with the Federal Aviation Administration's Unmanned Aircraft System [UAS] Registry before flying outdoors. People who previously operated their UAS must register by February 16, 2016. People who do not register could face civil and criminal penalties. Drone owners can also call 1-844-244-3565.
- Small Business Pulse
Entrepreneurship Glossary: translation into Spanish, French, Persian and Arabic. Also translations of other documents.
Questions about your business credit? Visit Experian's BusinessCreditFacts.
BusinessLoans is a free, educational website that provides business financing information to small business owners.
- Uri Galimidi will present a FREE evening presentation Willpower and Mindfulness for Entrepreneurial Performance on Tuesday August 2, 2016 from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM.
- Vincent Dignan returns to New York to give his FREE talk on sales and public speaking - How to Get Rich and Internet Famous: Hack Your Sales and Personal Branding Strategy - on Wednesday August 10, 2016 from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM.
- SIBL's Business Financing Fair will give you the opportunity to meet potential lenders and find out what you need to obtain financing. The Fair is scheduled for Wednesday August 17, 2016 from 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
- The Library invites you to attend a FREE evening seminar Access to Capital for Your Small Business on Thursday August 25, 2016 from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM.
- Join The Library at its annual Financial Planning Day on Friday September 23, 2016 from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- FastTrac NewVenture, a 40-hour program designed for aspiring and early stage entrepreneurs. The program will be held in June-July 2016 and in August-September 2016.
- The next iBreakfast/Startupalooza is scheduled for Wednesday August 3, 2016 from 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM at the Microsoft Flagship Store on Fifth Avenue.
- Women Entrepreneurs NYC - WE NYC - and Next Street invite you to attend the launch of itheir first of a kind workshop series for women who currently own a business - or plan to start one - in the five boroughs. The WE Master Leadership series will be held from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM on July 27, August 3, and August 10, 2016 at Next Street.
- Join SCORE at a afternoon seminar QuickBooks Online: Desktops, Laptops, or Mobile Device in the Cloud on Thursday August 11, 2016 from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM at Presti & Naegele.
- Minorities in Tech [MiTech] invites you to attend their MiTech August Meetup Demo/Pitch Day on Wednesday August 24, 2016 from 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM at the Microsoft Flagship Store in Manhattan. There is a non refundable $10.00 fee.
- The New York District Export Council [DEC] invites you to attend a one-day intensive seminar Exporting to China: Opportunities and Challenges on Wednesday September 14, 2016 from 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM.
- Find out what business owners should know about employment laws at SCORE's Employment and Labor Law Essentials seminar on Thursday August 18, 2016 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM at the Brooklyn Public Library on Grand Army Plaza.
- The Institute for Entrepreneurial Leadership's 2016 schedule of Next Level Webinars is now available. All webinars take place on the last Monday of the month from 8:30 PM -9:30 PM.
- The European Patent Office is offering a series of webinars for patent information users.