NYC Small Business Resource Center
Helpful Resources | Business Events | Notices & Press
Business Plan Winner 2016
The top prize of $15,000 went to Reefill created by Patrick Connorton, Jason Pessel, and Andrew Betlyon.
Reefill is a subscription-based service that provides New Yorkers with access to cold, filtered tap water from a network of refill stations throughout the city via Reefill’s app. View more images
A web portal that provides relevant information—in the language of their choosing—to New Americans wanting to start a business in New York City.
- Pace University's Small Business Development Center and the Science, Industry and Business Library [SIBL] have launched a FREE one-on-one Business Counseling Service at SIBL. One hour sessions are available one Tuesday a month [from 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM] and one Wednesday a month [from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM]. Registration is required. Click on View Details and schedule a date/time for your appointment.
- Sample Business Plans are available for your use via Gale's Small Business Resource Center database. The database is available onsite or remotely from home with a valid New York Public Library card.
- Small Group Meeting Rooms are available free at the Science, Industry and Business Library for groups of 2-10 people working on a business project. Time slots are for one or two hours and Wi-Fi is available.
- The New York City Police Department [NYPD] has launched a web portal enabling New Yorkers involved in traffic accidents to find their collision report online.
- Any person, business, or organization with a physical address within the five boroughs can register for a .nyc domain name web address.
- Locate an affordable incubator, co-working space or wet lab that meets your needs by visiting the New York City Economic Development Corporation's [NYCEDC} Incubators and Workspaces Network.
- Visit the New York City Economic Development Corporation's [NYCEDC] Digital.NYC - New York City's hub for tech and startups - to locate tech workspaces and co-working spaces, and accelerators and incubators.
- The New York City Department of Small Business Services' [ SBS] Business Solutions Center can help you launch your business.
- Need New York City Statistics? Visit NYC Data; NYC Open Data; NYC Census FactFinder; We Are Made in NY; and AllTransit.
- The U.S. Census Bureau's Annual Survey of Entrepreneurs [ASE] provides data on select economic and demographic characteristics of employer businesses and their owners by gender, ethnicity, race, and veteran status. ASE is a supplement to the Bureau's Survey of Business Owners [SBO] which is done every five years.
NYC Health Insurance Link [HI Link] helps New Yorkers—business owners and individuals—learn how to get the health coverage they need.
- Effective December 21, 2015: anyone who owns a small unarmed aircraft of a certain weight must register with the Federal Aviation Administration's Unmanned Aircraft System [UAS] Registry before flying outdoors. People who previously operated their UAS must register by February 16, 2016. People who do not register could face civil and criminal penalties. Drone owners can also call 1-844-244-3565.
- Small Business Pulse
Entrepreneurship Glossary: translation into Spanish, French, Persian and Arabic. Also translations of other documents.
Questions about your business credit? Visit Experian's BusinessCreditFacts.
BusinessLoans is a free, educational website that provides business financing information to small business owners.
- Part One of the Library's Online Customer Acquisition Series launches on Thursday March 23, 2017 with a evening seminar Social Media Advertising Overview from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM.
- The Library's evening seminar LinkedIn for Business 1: Use It's Features to Reach Your Goals - originally scheduled for Tuesday March 14, 2014 from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM has been cancelled due to the weather forecast and rescheduled for Tuesday March 28, 2017 from 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM. This program is Part 5 of the Business Boost: Social Media Marketing Series. .Seating is on a first-come, first -seated basis.
- The Library's Business Boost: Social Media Marketing Series - LinkedIn for Business II: Create a Social Media Marketing Campaign - originally scheduled for Tuesday March 28, 2017 from 6;00 PM - 7:30 PM - has been postponed and will be rescheduled in the near future..
- Explore Google Analytics at SCORE's morning seminar Introduction to Google Analytics on Thursday March 30, 2017 from 10:15 AM - 2:00 PM.
- The Library invites you to participate in a FREE afternoon seminar Understanding Financial Statements Without a Degrree in Accounting on Thursday March 30, 2017 at 3:00 PM.
- Volunteers Lawyers for the Arts [VLA] is presenting a afternoon program Nonprofit Incorporation and Tax Exemption Workshop on Wednesday March 22, 2017 from 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM at the VLA Auditorium.
- WWD and the Fashion Career Expo invite fashion professionals with a minimum of two years experience to attend the Expo on Thursday March 23, 2017 from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM at the Metropolitan Pavilion.
- Join the Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts [VLA] and an expert panel at a morning seminar Digital Media Bootcamp on Friday March 24, 2017 from 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM at Morrison & Foerster..
- SCORE is presenting a FREE morning workshop Human Resource Issues for Small Business on Friday March 24, 2017 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM at 26 Federal Plaza.
- WEnyc invites you to participate in a two day seminar WE Master Money: Funding on Monday-Tuesday March 27-March 28, 2017 from 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM at the Chinatown BID. This seminar is offered in Chinese. Please be prepared to attend both sessions.
- The Better Business Bureau of Metropolitan New York invites you to attend a morning seminar Advanced Fundraising Techniques: Risks, Rewards and Reporting Requirements on Tuesday March 28, 2017 from 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM at Scandinavia House.
- The Pace University Small Business Development Center [SBDC] is hosting FREE evening seminar Intellectual Property Rights for Entrepreneurs on Wednesday March 29, 2017 from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM at One Pace Plaza.
- The Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator [ERA] is now accepting Applications for their four month ERA Summer 2017 Program. The Application deadline is Wednesday March 29, 2017 at 11:59 Eastern Time.
- Minority and Women Entrepreneurs are invited to participate in a FREE New York Women's Chamber of Commerce seminar Selling to the Government on Thursday March 30, 2017 from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM at the Adam Clayton Powell State Office Building.
- The New York Women's Chamber of Commerce is presenting a FREE evening seminar First Steps to Starting & Operating a Business on Tuesday April 4, 2017 from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM at the Adam Clayton Powell State Office Building.
- Join the French-American Chamber of Commerce at their next Food and Beverage Hospitality Forum Event Enticing Millennials Today on Thursday April 27, 2017 from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM at Anchin Accountants and Advisors.
- The New York District Export Council is hosting the 17th Annual International Trade Awards Breakfast on Monday May 8, 2017 from 8:30 AM - 11:00 AM at Baruch College. The Breakfast launches Word Trade Week NYC.
- The 7th Annual NYC Vegetarian Food Festival is scheduled for Saturday-Sunday May 20-May 21, 2017 from 11;00 AM - 6:00 PM at the Metropolitan Pavilion.
- Join the BOC Women's Business Center for a morning seminar How to Write a Successful Business Plan on Thursday March 23, 2017 from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM at the YWCA Brooklyn.
- The BOC Women's Business Center invites you to attend a afternoon seminar How to Apply for a Small Business Loan with BOC Capital on Thursday March 23, 2017 from 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM at the YWCA Brooklyn.
- Participate in the BOC Women's Business Center's evening seminar Digital Marketing for Non-Digital People on Wednesday April 5, 2017 from 6;00 PM - 8:00 PM at the Brooklyn Public Library on Grand Army Plaza.
- WEnyc invites you to participate in a two day seminar WE Master Money: Funding on Tuesday-Wednesday April 25-April 26, 2017 from 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM at the Consulado General de Ecuador in Long Island City. This seminar is offered in Spanish. Please be prepared to attend both sessions.
- The next WCBS Small Business Breakfast with Joe Connolly will be held at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Tarrytown on Tuesday March 28, 2017 from 7:30 AM - 10:00 AM.
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute, the Siena Institute, and the New York BizLab are proud to present Disrupt 2017 - TechDowbload: Future Technologies on Thursday April 27, 2017 at SUNY Polytechnic Institute in Albany.
- The Tri-State VegFest is scheduled for the New Jersey Convention & Exposition Center on Saturday June 17, 2017 from 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM in Edison.
- The Institute for Entrepreneurial Leadership's 2016 schedule of Next Level Webinars is now available. All webinars take place on the last Monday of the month from 8:30 PM -9:30 PM.
- The European Patent Office is offering a series of webinars for patent information users.
- The Volunteers of Legal Service' Microenterprise Project and the New York City Department of Small Business Services have joined together to launch their Commercial Leasing Initiative. Through the Initiative, volunteer lawyers will educate entrepremeurs and small business owners across the City about leasing commercial real estate.