Support the Library Every Month: Become a Guardian
New Yorkers rely on the Library for so many essential things. They come from every corner of the city to check out books, conduct world-class research, learn English as a second language, power their job search, get after-school homework help, and more.
Unfortunately, the government only pays for a portion of these crucial services. That’s where you come in.
Monthly donors, our Guardians, provide reliable support that helps provide books, classes, and other essential services all year round. As a special thank you, you'll also receive a Library tote!
Membership levels and benefits:
Friend Guardian, $5 a month
- Inside The New York Public Library, your guide to what’s happening at NYPL
- 10% discount at the Library Shop
- 10% discount at the Library’s café at the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
- 10% discount for LIVE from the NYPL and access to presale tickets
Contributing Friend Guardian, $10 a month
All Friend benefits, plus:
- Two tickets to the Library’s annual Holiday Open House—the most festive event of the year
- Invitation for two to the annual Book Swap, where members exchange favorite books and get reading recommendations from NYPL librarians
The New York Public Library's tax ID number is 13-1887440.