Career Services: In-Person One-on-One Job Support @ BLC
- Monday, June 27, 2022, 10 AM - 5 PM
- Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 10 AM - 5 PM
- Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 10 AM - 5 PM
- Thursday, June 30, 2022, 10 AM - 5 PM
Meet with an NYPL staff member in-person to jump-start your job search, get resume support, and obtain the right resources to find the job you desire. Each One-on-One Job Support appointment provides unbiased, objective feedback that will be tailored to your job search and individual patron needs. We're prepared to help you make the most of every opportunity.
Our trained NYPL One-on-One Job Support staff can help you:
- Write and format a basic resume and cover letter
- Complete employment applications
- Identify job search resources such as job boards
- Learn how to use NYPL databases, like Brainfuse JobNow
- Find partner organizations for job training, employment, professional clothing, and more
Patrons are eligible to book four (4) appointments for either a Career Coaching or One-on-One Job Support, and four (4) Resilience Coaching sessions within the three (3) month period; and can choose to meet virtually or in-person at an NYPL location. We recommend that patrons work with one coach or Career Services team member for all appointments, to assure the best benefit for you.
- Audience: Adults, 50+, Book Lovers, Businesspeople, College & Graduate Students, English Language Learners, Immigrants, Incarcerated Persons/Previously Incarcerated Persons (not for public website), Job Seekers, NYPL Supporters, Persons with Disabilities, Teachers, College/Graduate School Educators