FREE AARP Tax Aide and Preparation
It's Tax season again! The Riverside Branch is once again offering free tax aide and preparation courtesy of the AARP organization.
Times: Thursdays, February 2 through April 13, 2017, from 11:00am - 3:00pm.
Returns are prepared by AARP volunteers certified by the IRS. Most returns are filed electronically (e-filed) at no cost to you.
Please bring the following documents with you when you come:
- Current year's tax forms and preparation booklet
- Copy of last years income tax return(s)
- W-2 forms from each employer
- Unemployment compensation statement(s)
- SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits
- All 1099 forms (1099-INT. 1099-DIV, 1099-B, etc. ) showing interest and/or dividends and documentation showing original purchase price of sold assets
- All forms indicating federal income tax paid
- Dependent care provider information (name, employer, ID, Social Security number)
- All receipts of canceled checks if itemizing deductions
- Social Security cards or other official documentation for yourself and all dependents.
- First come, first served - so come early!
- Organize your materials
- Bring your documents