Oral History: Lower East Side Oral History Project: Kick-Off Celebration!
JOIN US as we celebrate the launch of our historic neighborhood oral history project!
- LISTEN to oral history highlights recorded so far + LEARN how you can get involved!
- PREVIEW images from the LES Heritage Collection
- WATCH the 1974 LES-based Yudie on 16mm film.
- ENJOY music from Oren Bloedow, longtime LES musician.
- MEET neighbors and share stories on our LES neighborhood story map!
Refreshments will be served. We'll meet at Seward Park Library, 192 East Broadway.
Please RSVP by clicking HERE. Please contact NYPLOralHistory@nypl.org with any questions.
About Our Project:
This is a neighborhood oral history project that works to both preserve, document, and celebrate Lower East Side neighborhood history through the stories of people who have experienced it.
This project will collect oral histories of people who have lived or worked in the LES neighborhood. Community volunteers will be trained to conduct these interviews. Interviews will be preserved at The Milstein Division of US History, Local History and Genealogy and accessible at the New York Public Library website: oralhistory.nypl.org
Visit our website to listen to oral histories recorded so far: oralhistory.nypl.org/neighborhoods/LES