Careers, Jobs, Small Business Seminars, Job Search Central, Job Searching & Resume Writing: Effective Salary Negotiation: Earn Thousands in Minutes
Many of us are so happy to receive an offer for a job we want that we say “yes” way too quickly! A more effective approach involves discussing the offer with a potential employer, since once you receive an offer, all the leverage has switched from them to you; they aren’t thinking about your competition anymore!
Career coach Robert Hellmann, Hellmann Career Consulting, shows you a strategic approach to negotiating your compensation that will usually enable you to increase your income on the spot. Learn techniques for negotiating the job, so you are set up for long term success.
Areas covered include:
Enhancing your negotiating leverage by taking the right actions during the interview (and avoiding the wrong ones).
- What to do and say as soon as you get the offer
- What can be negotiated (in short, everything!)
- The importance of negotiating the job as well as the salary
- Why and how severance should be included in your negotiation
- The key role of research in improving your leverage
Seating is on a first come, first seated basis unless otherwise noted.