Hand-Made: Hand-Made Crafternoon: October 15, 2011.
Join crafty librarian Jessica Pigza of the Rare Book Division and Crafternoon author Maura Madden for a free DIY day at the Library. Our special guest will be the crochet and knit designer (and opera singer) Lisa Daehlin, who will share her knowledge of--and love for--knitted and crocheted lace designs (hairpin, broomstick, and Tunisian lace crochet, as well as yarn-over lace knitting). She will demonstrate some beginners’ techniques for making knitted and crocheted lace. We'll have a limited amount of supplies and tools to share and try out that day, but if you have the following please bring: DK or heavier weight yarn, a size G or H crochet hook, size 50 knitting needles, and a hairpin loom. And as usual, we'll have a selection of books on lace from the Library's collection for browsing too.
Here are the details on this event:
- This is a FREE event, but reservations are welcome because we have room for just 96 crafters. To reserve your spot, please write to email@example.com with your name and the date of this event.
- What to bring: We'll have some supplies and tools to share and try out that day, but if you have the following please bring: a ball of DK or heavier weight yarn, a size G or H crochet hook, size 50 knitting needles, and a hairpin loom
- Where: Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, Margaret Liebman Berger Forum (on the Second Floor, Room 227)
- When: Saturday, October 15, from 2:00 to 4:00pm (doors open at 1:30pm)
- Check Hand-Made at NYPL for additional details as the event nears.
- Audience: Adults