The Library After Hours
Introducing The Library After Hours, a new, free monthly event at the iconic Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
Join us on select Fridays for the city’s most cerebral happy hour, featuring music, food and drinks, performances, and behind-the-scenes access to The Library’s collections.
Coming Up Next: April 28 | Walt Whitman & Ecstatic Poetry
- 7:00–7:30 PM: Priority Access
- 7:00–9:30 PM: first come, first served
Be sure to use the 5th Ave entrances of the Library. Lines for this event often start forming around 6 PM.
April is National Poetry Monthy, and the next Library After Hours will sound its barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world in a celebration of ecstatic poetry—from Rumi to Walt Whitman to spoken word—with an open house of collections displays, activities, music, films, and food and drink.
Walt Whitman and Ecstatic Poetry will feature:
- One-of-a-kind one display of the Library’s holdings of rare Walt Whitman books, manuscripts, and images
- A selection of 16mm films highlighting poets and poetry picked from the Library’s archives
- Special performances
- Crafts and other activities
- A quiet room with puzzles, coloring, and games
- Food and beverage available for purchase
Please note that you must be 21+ to attend and ID is required.
Mark your calendars for the following Library After Hours: June 2. Sign up to be notified about future events here.
Library After Hours is made possible with the generous support of Mahnaz Ispahani Bartos and Adam Bartos.