Career and Education Information Services (CEIS)
Career and Education Information Services (CEIS) provides career counseling, resume help, college application and essay assistance, and more. We specialize in serving job seekers, students, mid-career changers, veterans, and 55+ adults.
Career Coaching | Register for Workshops | Employment Opportunities | Industry Trends | Resources | CEIS in the News
Through CEIS, you can:
- Attend job search and career workshops and events
- Reserve a computer for job searches, completing online applications, or resume writing
- Use our free Wi-Fi to access premium business databases from your laptop
CEIS is headquartered at the Bronx Library Center (5th Floor, Room 506). In addition to the Bronx Library Center, CEIS also offers services at Baychester Library, Castle Hill Library, Eastchester Library, Morris Park Library, Hamilton Grange Library, Parkchester Library, Wakefield Library, Washington Heights Library, and West Farms Library. We are open six days a week (Monday–Saturday).
We offer FREE career coaching and résumé assistance services, which are scheduled by appointment. Career Coaching is available to job seekers who wish to focus on an existing job search strategy and/or gain insight on how to craft an effective self-marketing plan.
To make an appointment, visit genbook or click the Book Now button below.
Prior to attending, please think through and/or bring with you:
- Copies of current marketing material (i.e. resume, cover letters, branding statement) If you need to use a library computer to create a resume, please click here.
- Clearly defined goals and expectations to guide your session
- Prior research of the company and/or industry that you wish to pursue
- List of core-competencies and transferable skills for those seeking a career change
- Prospective companies and industries to focus your coaching session
For your convenience, CEIS offers extensive on-site employment resources to help guide your research.
For Your Consideration
Career Coaching is a sought-after service; therefore, we request that all appointments be honored as scheduled. In the event that you are unable to commit, immediately cancel your appointment by notifying us at email@example.com or call (718) 579-4260. Please indicate your name and appointment time in your message.
- This courtesy will permit the timely reschedule of volunteer coaching staff to accommodate interested patrons.
- Excessive NO CALLS or NO SHOWS will result in ineligibility of this service; DO NOT proceed to schedule if you knowingly cannot keep the appointment.
- Without an e-mail address, you will not receive confirmation or reminders of your appointment
- A maximum three (3) sessions per customer is permitted within a three-month window
If you have any questions, please contact the Job Search Central Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (718) 579-4260.
Register for Upcoming Workshops
- Preparing a Resume
- Planning Your Job Search
- From Job Search To Job Offer
- Mock Interview Demonstration
- Identify Your Job Transferable Skills
Learn how to effectively market yourself, conduct a strategic job search, and meet other job-seekers in a supportive environment. Handouts and resources will be provided.
- New York State Civil Service Examination Postings (updated approximately every two weeks)
- New York State Job Bank
- New York City Civil Service Exam
- View Indeed's Industry Employment Trends
- Career Inside Vault
Premier Career resource. Find career guides, industry guides, company and employer profiles, topic guides, and more.
- Career Cruising
Career Cruising is a comprehensive bilingual (English and Spanish) interactive multimedia source which features profiles and information on hundreds of occupations, 2- and 4-year college and universities, and financial aid, including scholarship opportunities.
The Federal Government’s Official Job Sites
- Avoid employment scams—Tips from the NY State Consumer Protection Board
- More employment websites selected by our staff
Borrow books on jobs, careers, and resumes. Try out NYPL e-books and borrow the latest e-books on resumes, careers, jobs, interview tips, and more, without a trip to the Library! Use your NYPL library card, and see what's available.
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- The Job Interview
- The Job Search
- NYC Job Search
- Career Change
- Careers in Film, Television, Multimedia & The Performing Arts
- Careers in Healthcare, Medicine, & Science
Career Coach Robyn Saunders also got air time on News 12, at the packed Fordham Library career fair, where HR's Emily Nelson makes a cameo appearance.