Provides access to language and language-related products and services on the Web.
YourDictionary.com provides access to language and language-related products and services on the Web including dictionaries, polyglot dictionaries, courses, synonyms and antonymns, and other services that act as a research tool for linguists and non-linguists alike. YourDictionary.com contains a quick look-up dictionary based on Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, Tenth Edition, and indexes over 500 dictionaries, thesauri, and word and phrase origin resources.
Many dictionaries and thesauri are available in the Humanities and Social Sciences Library Rose Main Reading Room. Check the Library Catalog for details.
- International Herald Tribune, 1887–2013
- Women's Magazine Archive
- Communist Historical Newspaper Collection
- Sanborn Maps, New York State (Geocoded Edition)
- Irish Historical Newspapers
- Europa World of Learning
- Europa World Plus
- Slavery in America and the World: History, Culture & Law
- World Who's Who
- Accessible only at select Library locations
- Accessible outside the Library with your NYPL card
- Free Web resource - available anywhere
- Top recommended database in selected subject