Wright American Fiction
Provides electronic, full-text access to almost every novel published in the United States from 1851 to 1875.
Outside the Library
Language and Literature;
English and American Literature;
Wright American Fiction online collection attempts to include every novel published in the United States from 1851 to 1875; including works by well known writers such as Louisa May Alcott, Mark Twain, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and Herman Melville, along with many forgotten authors whose works were popular in their own time.
Dates of Coverage:
Many of the books listed in Wright American Fiction are held by The New York Public Library in print and microfilm. Check the Library Catalog for details by doing a title search for Wright American Fiction.
- International Herald Tribune, 1887–2013
- Women's Magazine Archive
- Communist Historical Newspaper Collection
- Sanborn Maps, New York State (Geocoded Edition)
- Irish Historical Newspapers
- Europa World of Learning
- Europa World Plus
- Slavery in America and the World: History, Culture & Law
- World Who's Who
- Accessible only at select Library locations
- Accessible outside the Library with your NYPL card
- Free Web resource - available anywhere
- Top recommended database in selected subject