Victorian Women Writers Project
A full-text library of works by British women writers of the nineteenth century.
Outside the Library
Language and Literature;
English and American Literature;
The Victorian Women Writers Project is working to create a full-text library of works by British women writers of the nineteenth century. Types of works included are anthologies, novels, political pamphlets, and volumes of poetry and verse drama.
Dates of Coverage:
The New York Public Library owns print editions of many of the works included in this database. Check the Library Catalog for details.
- International Herald Tribune, 1887–2013
- Women's Magazine Archive
- Communist Historical Newspaper Collection
- Sanborn Maps, New York State (Geocoded Edition)
- Irish Historical Newspapers
- Europa World of Learning
- Europa World Plus
- Slavery in America and the World: History, Culture & Law
- World Who's Who
- Accessible only at select Library locations
- Accessible outside the Library with your NYPL card
- Free Web resource - available anywhere
- Top recommended database in selected subject