Thomas: Legislative Information on the Internet
Provides full-text access to the Congressional Record, bills, public and private laws, roll call votes, and schedules of both houses.
Outside the Library
Government and Law
Users can search the Congressional Record, track the status of a bill, access full-text versions of bills, public and private laws, check roll call votes in the House and Senate, as well as look at the schedules of both houses and their committees. Thomas has links to other Library of Congress legislative sites and historical documents.
Dates of Coverage:
Varies according to database
Print editions of the Congressional Record, Public Laws, Committee Prints, Statutes at Large, etc can be found in the Science Industry and Business Library. Check the Library Catalog for details.
- International Herald Tribune, 1887–2013
- Women's Magazine Archive
- Communist Historical Newspaper Collection
- Sanborn Maps, New York State (Geocoded Edition)
- Irish Historical Newspapers
- Europa World of Learning
- Europa World Plus
- Slavery in America and the World: History, Culture & Law
- World Who's Who
- Accessible only at select Library locations
- Accessible outside the Library with your NYPL card
- Free Web resource - available anywhere
- Top recommended database in selected subject