Shakespeare, Editions and Adaptations
Contains eleven major editions from the First Folio of 1623 to the Cambridge edition of 1863-6.
Language and Literature;
English and American Literature;
Editions and Adaptations of Shakespeare contains eleven major editions from the First Folio of 1623 to the Cambridge edition of 1863-6, twenty-four separate contemporary printings of individual plays, selected apocrypha and related works, and more than one hundred adaptations, sequels, and burlesques from the seventeenth, eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. This database is part of Chadwyck-Healey's Literature Online collection of Literary Databases.
Dates of Coverage:
The print editions of Shakespeare's works are available at The New York Public Library. Check the Library Catalog for holdings.
- International Herald Tribune, 1887–2013
- Women's Magazine Archive
- Communist Historical Newspaper Collection
- Sanborn Maps, New York State (Geocoded Edition)
- Irish Historical Newspapers
- Europa World of Learning
- Europa World Plus
- Slavery in America and the World: History, Culture & Law
- World Who's Who
- Accessible only at select Library locations
- Accessible outside the Library with your NYPL card
- Free Web resource - available anywhere
- Top recommended database in selected subject