Allows users to search about specific conditions using dictionaries, MEDLINE, PUBMED and other resources.
Health and Medicine
MEDLINEPlus provides access to extensive information about specific diseases and conditions, has links to consumer health information from the National Institutes of Health, dictionaries, lists of hospitals and physicians. Information is provided in Spanish and other languages. Also provides access to MEDLINE, PUBMED and other major databases.
Dates of Coverage:
The New York Public Library does not subscribe to a majority of the journals cited in this database. After searching please speak to a librarian for a referral.
- International Herald Tribune, 1887–2013
- Women's Magazine Archive
- Communist Historical Newspaper Collection
- Sanborn Maps, New York State (Geocoded Edition)
- Irish Historical Newspapers
- Europa World of Learning
- Europa World Plus
- Slavery in America and the World: History, Culture & Law
- World Who's Who
- Accessible only at select Library locations
- Accessible outside the Library with your NYPL card
- Free Web resource - available anywhere
- Top recommended database in selected subject