Not sure what to read next? Explore expert-curated lists filled with must-read books across all genres. Or take a deep dive into The New York Public Library's research collections with posts written by our librarians, curators, and staff. And discover the diverse array of programs, resources, services, and materials offered by NYPL.
- By Alex Teplitzky, Senior Communications Manager, Library for the Performing Arts Communications | June 24, 2022We remember Larry Kramer, playwright, AIDS and gay rights activist who harnessed his anger to propel creativity, plays, and action.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | June 13, 2022Find new stories, viewpoints, and voices in across 24 categories—a great starting point for your summer reading.
- By Samantha Simoes, Specialist II, School Outreach | June 9, 2022These young adult novels embrace stories of queer joy as friends, rivals, co-workers, and teammates find love.
- By Vilma Álvarez | June 2, 2022¿Has leído la literatura LGBT+ de América Latina? Si no, te recomendamos esta lista.
- By Emily Pullen, Reader Services Coordinator | June 1, 2022Below are some favorite new releases including science fiction, mystery, romance, short stories, and literary fiction.
- By Emily Pullen, Reader Services Coordinator | June 1, 2022Here are some of our favorites from among the latest nonfiction releases which include memoirs, essays, social history, and more.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | May 3, 2022Smitten by Heartstopper? Here are more heartfelt and affirming reads that highlight the sweetness of young love.
- By Quinn Anex-Ries, NYPL Short-Term Fellow | April 28, 2022Short-term fellow Quinn Anex-Ries discusses the Gay Switchboard of New York and its callers' daily fears, joys, pleasures, and questions.
- By NYPL Staff | April 5, 2022All of these titles are available at The New York Public Library in multiple formats.