Not sure what to read next? Explore expert-curated lists filled with must-read books across all genres. Or take a deep dive into The New York Public Library's research collections with posts written by our librarians, curators, and staff. And discover the diverse array of programs, resources, services, and materials offered by NYPL.
Author Talk: 'The Nom Wah Cookbook' Authors on This Storied Restaurant (Plus Cookbook Recommendations)Learn about this iconic fixture of New York's Chinatown, its cookbook, and others recommended by NYPL staff.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | June 20, 2022From admissions to athletics to sexual harassment protections, the law has had a tremendous effect on expanding access to women and girls.
- By Victoria James | June 16, 2022Exploring some of the many topics surrounding sexual violence and assault.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | June 6, 2022Recipes for seasonal foods, gatherings with family and friends, and meal ideas for when you can't stand turning on the stove.
- By NYPL Staff | April 7, 2022Find recipes for a traditional seder meal or new twists on recipes steeped in Jewish history.
- By NYPL Staff | February 1, 2022
These titles cover the civil rights movement, the Black church, jazz, early Black cinema and Broadway, and more to enhance our understandin…
- By Cierra Bland, Social Media Manager | July 20, 2021
From stories of love within the American Prison System to the history of Los Angeles, and the science of sweat, these new nonfiction books…
- By Carrie Mcbride, Blog Editor | July 2, 2021
Whether you love to cook, love to eat, or just can't get enough of your Top Chef favorites, there's a book here that's sure to inspire.