Not sure what to read next? Explore expert-curated lists filled with must-read books across all genres. Or take a deep dive into The New York Public Library's research collections with posts written by our librarians, curators, and staff. And discover the diverse array of programs, resources, services, and materials offered by NYPL.
- By Lisa Herndon, Manager of Communications and Publications at the Schomburg Center, and Cayla Torres, Schomburg Center Summer Associate | September 13, 2022Discover Schomburg Center in person and digital materials to explore during Hispanic & Latinx Heritage Month.
- By NYPL Staff | September 2, 2022Free online resources to help you delve into the many aspects of Latinx and Hispanic history and culture.
- By Kaitlin Rotella, Manager, School Outreach | August 31, 2022These titles will get young readers engaged in social and emotional concepts that will help create an empathetic class.
- By Alex Tronolone, Manager, Curriculum Development | August 29, 2022Strategies for using the photographs of Afro-Cuban Photographer Rómulo Lachatañeré to teach students about community in NYC.
- By Center for Education and Schools | July 29, 2022Engaging school-related titles for every age as well as reads for teachers heading back to the classroom.
- By NYPL Staff | July 29, 2022Go back to school with The New York Public Library with these online learning resources, book lists, crafts to do at home, and more.
Activities for Students and Families To Use at the Polonsky Exhibition of The New York Public Library’s TreasuresBy Sofia Cisneros, Coordinator, Center for Educators and Schools | July 26, 2022These downloadable activities for families, teachers, and students will make your visit even more fun and approachable.
- By Amber Certain, Educators and Schools Outreach Specialist | July 11, 2022Explore resources showing how Black cowboys played an integral role in the expansion and development of the American West.
- By Dhariyah Luqman, Specialist II, School Outreach and Samantha Simoes, Specialist II, School Outreach | June 8, 2022These books and resources will help children with problem solving, patience, and perseverance as they begin to think like future inventors!
- By Center for Education and Schools | June 2, 2022Titles for all ages to support educators in teaching the history of this significant holiday.