Not sure what to read next? Explore expert-curated lists filled with must-read books across all genres. Or take a deep dive into The New York Public Library's research collections with posts written by our librarians, curators, and staff. And discover the diverse array of programs, resources, services, and materials offered by NYPL.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | June 17, 2022We have hundreds of online images from these beloved productions including photos of performances, rehearsals, the stage, and audience.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | May 23, 2022Images of the beloved building that has hosted researchers, readers, and tourists from around the world.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | May 5, 2022Nurses not only provide care for patients, but they have advanced the fields of medicine and public health through innovation and advocacy.
- By Cierra Bland, Social Media Manager | May 4, 2022Photography’s love affair with NYC has typically been with Manhattan, but Meyers explored overlooked locations like these in the Bronx.
- By Carrie Mcbride, Blog Editor | April 14, 2022Our Digital Collections contain many photographs of Ellis Island and the people who arrived there seeking a better life.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | March 30, 2022To celebrate the release of the 1950 Census let's take a look at some images from that year in New York City.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | January 27, 2022These photographs, from NYPL's vast Digital Collections, go as far back as 1895 and show some of the delights and challenges that snow brin…
- By Carrie Mcbride, Blog Editor | January 18, 2022
As you await the start of the Winter Games, let's flash back to an earlier time in winter sports before high-tech gear, wicking fabrics, an…
- By Cierra Bland, Social Media Manager | December 9, 2021
NYPL Digital Collections contain thousands of photos of New York City, including street scenes of the Holidays in the Big Apple.
- By Cierra Bland, Social Media Manager | November 18, 2021
Located at the junction of Broadway and Seventh Avenue at 42nd Street, Times Square is one of the most recognizable intersections in the wo…