Not sure what to read next? Explore expert-curated lists filled with must-read books across all genres. Or take a deep dive into The New York Public Library's research collections with posts written by our librarians, curators, and staff. And discover the diverse array of programs, resources, services, and materials offered by NYPL.
Author Talk: 'The Nom Wah Cookbook' Authors on This Storied Restaurant (Plus Cookbook Recommendations)Learn about this iconic fixture of New York's Chinatown, its cookbook, and others recommended by NYPL staff.
- By Alex Teplitzky, Senior Communications Manager, Library for the Performing Arts Communications | June 24, 2022We remember Larry Kramer, playwright, AIDS and gay rights activist who harnessed his anger to propel creativity, plays, and action.
Join These Special Guest Librarians and Share Your Book Recommendations at NYPL's New Virtual BranchBy NYPL Staff | June 23, 2022Join celebrities, authors, and influencers giving book recommendations and tell everyone what you’re reading this summer!
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | June 20, 2022From admissions to athletics to sexual harassment protections, the law has had a tremendous effect on expanding access to women and girls.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | June 20, 2022These women and girls have broken barriers and achieved greatness in sports.
Doc Chat Episode Fifty-Four: Exploring 125 Years of the Forverts, New York City's Legendary Yiddish NewspaperBy Julie Golia, Associate Director, Manuscripts, Archives, and Rare Books and Charles J. Liebman Curator of Manuscri | June 17, 2022Explore the pages of one of the most important Yiddish newspapers in the world.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | June 17, 2022We have hundreds of online images from these beloved productions including photos of performances, rehearsals, the stage, and audience.
- By Lucy Whitehead, NYPL Short-Term Fellow | June 16, 2022Short-term fellow Lucy Whitehead discusses her research in the Henry W. and Albert A. Berg Collection of English and American Literature.