Not sure what to read next? Explore expert-curated lists filled with must-read books across all genres. Or take a deep dive into The New York Public Library's research collections with posts written by our librarians, curators, and staff. And discover the diverse array of programs, resources, services, and materials offered by NYPL.
- By NYPL Staff | August 16, 2022Rushdie's tireless work and thoughtful writings provide the world with exceptional insight.
- By NYPL Staff | August 15, 2022No holds, no waiting! Check out these summer books you can borrow online and read immediately with your NYPL library card!
- By Tony Marx, NYPL President | August 12, 2022A message from Tony Marx, New York Public Library President.
- By NYPL Podcasts | August 11, 2022Join us for a discussion of the memoir Always Crashing in the Same Car and a book of poetry, Dear God. Dear Bones. Dear Yellow.
- By NYPL Staff | August 10, 2022This collection makes significant works written about, for, by, and in Harlem and its diverse communities easily accessible.
- By Carolyn Vega, Curator, Henry W. and Albert A. Berg Collection of English and American Literature | August 10, 2022Read about short-term fellow Urmila Seshagiri's work with the Virginia Woolf papers in NYPL's Berg Collection.
- By Lisa Herndon, Managers, Schomburg Communications and Publicity | August 9, 2022The prize honors the best nonfiction book on the slave trade, slavery, and anti-slavery in the Atlantic World published in the U.S.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | August 8, 2022This trope is alive and kicking in romance books as authors find fun new ways to play with the fake-dating-turned-true-love dynamic.