NYPL Digital Collections, Image ID: 1206544
The New York Public Library is celebrating Caribbean American Heritage Month throughout June. Discover reading recommendations, resources, and events for all ages—all month long.
Research Caribbean history, culture, and more with these digital research books and online databases, compiled by Paloma Celis Carbajal, Curator for Latin American, Iberian, and U.S. Latino Collections at The New York Public Library. A library card is required to use many of the online databases—get one for free today!
- HAPI: Hispanic American Periodicals Index
- Sabin Americana
- Latin American Newspapers (1855-1922)
- World Newspaper Archive (1800-1922)
- Hispanic American Newspapers (1808-1980)
- Ethnic American Newspapers (1799-1971)
- Ethnic NewsWatch (1959-present)
- America's Historical Newspapers
DIGITAL RESEARCH BOOKS BETA
Digital Research Books Beta is an experimental project, now in early Beta testing, that collects digital versions of research books from many different sources, including Open Access publications, into one convenient place to search.
There are millions of works to discover—below are some sample search results related to the Caribbean.
- Cuba History
- Dominican Republic
- Puerto Rico education
- Saint Lucia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Try your own search
RECOMMENDED EXTERNAL RESOURCES
- Digital Library of the Caribbean
- LACLI (Latin American, Caribbean, U.S. Latinx, and Iberian Online Free E-Resources–see only resources pertaining to the Caribbean here)