Is it Constitutional? Resources to Help You Decide
People have expressed many opinions about the executive branch and what is constitutional. Here is a list of resources to help you do your own research and form your own opinion:
The Constitution of the United States
Three Government Branches
- The United States Senate: find bills, congressional voting record and active legislation on the Senate floor.
- The United States House of Representatives: learn about the legislative process.
- The United States Congress: find congressional activities of both the House and Senate here including most viewed bills.
- GovTrack: track legislation being debated in Congress.
Issues in the news
- The Affordable Care Act: full text of the law
- Materials on the ACA available at the New York Public Library
- Immigration and Nationality Act: full text of the law
- Materials on US Immigration available at the New York Public Library
- The Department of Homeland Security: read about the functions of the Department of Homeland Security
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Service: read about immigration procedures for foreign nationals.
Major Political Parties of the United States