Interviewers Needed: LES, Chinatown and Kips Bay!
Collect NYC stories and make history.
Volunteer Interviewers Needed
Lower East Side, Chinatown, Kips Bay
This fall 2016, NYPL's Community Oral History Project is starting up in the Lower East Side, Chinatown, and Kips Bay neighborhoods. And... we need your help!
We're looking for local volunteer interviewers to help us collect oral histories! You can learn how to interview neighbors, friends, and family at an upcoming interviewer training session. Sign up soon—space is limited!
Interested in documenting, preserving, and celebrating our city's unique history by collecting stories of people who have experienced it firsthand?
Sign up for one interviewer training session in YOUR neighborhood!
Lower East Side Oral History Project
RSVP for one of the below LES neighborhood trainings:
- Thursday, October 20 from 6-8 PM at Seward Park Library.
- Saturday, October 22 from 2-4 PM at Ottendorfer Library.
- Tuesday, October 25 from 6-8 PM at Tompkins Square Library.
Chinatown Legacy Project
RSVP for one of the below Chinatown neighborhood trainings:
- Wednesday, October 26 from 6-8 PM at Chatham Square Library.
- Saturday, October 29 from 2-4 PM at Chatham Square Library.
Kips Bay Oral History Project
- November 3 from 6-8 PM at Kips Bay Library.
- November 5 from 2-4 PM at Kips Bay Library.
About The NYPL Community Oral History Project
This is a neighborhood oral history project that works to both preserve, document, and celebrate NYC's unique history through the stories of people who have experienced it.
To date, over 300 volunteers have collected more than 1100 oral histories in communities throughout our city. Interviews will be preserved at The Milstein Division of US History, Local History and Genealogy and are accessible at the New York Public Library website: oralhistory.nypl.org
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-621-0552.