Take the Summer Reading Challenge at Port Richmond Library
It's time for another Summer Reading Challenge!
Broaden the scope of your book life this summer with the New York Public Library’s Summer Reading Challenge! Adults can play the Summer Reading Bingo game at Port Richmond Library by checking off a square with every category of book you read. You can download our Summer Reading Bingo Board here:
Our featured categories this year are:
- Novellas (A fictional work of 30,000 words or approximately 70-150 pages)
- Books set outside of the United States
- Essay collections
- Poetry collections
- Books translated into English
- Short story collections
- A work of longform journalism (Creative nonfiction which devotes an entire book to one issue)
- A book written by a first-time author
- Genre fiction that you don’t normally read (Science Fiction, Romance, Mystery, Horror, Young Adult, Western, Urban…)
- Books based on true stories
- Books recommended by your local library
- Books from the NYPL Adult Summer Reading List
In addition, our staff will be blogging their way through the Challenge by reviewing titles they have read and recommending interesting books and events throughout the summer.
Please join us at our Kickoff Party on Wednesday, June 29 from 1 PM-4:30 PM where we will have book giveaways, raffles, and coffee.