Reader’s Den, Biblio File
Let's Talk About Reading - the Reader's Den 2014 Online Book Discussion Schedule
Happy New Year! 2013 has officially ended. If one of your New Year's Resolutions was to join a book club, then we here at the New York Public Library have the perfect group for you. Join the Reader’s Den: the original NYPL online book discussion club. With a knowledgeable collective of book discussion leaders hailing from Chatham Square, Jefferson Market, Columbus, Mulberry Street, 67th Street, Spuyten Duyvil, and the Mid-Manhattan Library, we welcome many returning book discussing librarians—and a few new ones, too.
Remember to follow us if you are a member of the social book network Goodreads. We have a Reader’s Den group there that will notify you about which book is coming up to read in the following month. Also, be sure to follow us on Twitter if you don’t already.
Here is the Reader’s Den schedule for 2014:
- January: The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters
- February: The Consolations of the Forest by Sylvain Tesson
- March: A Good Man is Hard to Find by Flannery O'Connor
- April: Assorted Selections for National Poetry Month
- May: Eleven Days by Lea Carpenter
- June: The Judgement of Paris by Ross King
- July: Of Dice and Men by David M. Ewalt
- August: The Circle by Dave Eggers
- September: Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely
- October: Going to the Dogs by Erich Kastner
- November: The Keeper of Lost Causes by Jussi Adler-Olsen
- December: Consider Phlebas by Iain Banks
Looking for more satisfying and engaging reads? Browse through our past Reader's Den selections, too. We've compiled some genre lists on our Bibliocommons accountClassics, Mysteries, Nonfiction, Graphic Novels, and Fantasy/Horror/Science Fiction. Also, check out books on last year's New York theme and two lists covering all the Contemporary Fiction titles we've blogged about over the last five years. For a full list of every title discussed since 2009, please visit our schedule page.