Job Search Central
On-Site Recruitment: Home Health Aides on August 20
The New York State Department of Labor and Preferred Home Care of New York will present On-Site Recruitment for Home Health Aides.
Provide care for clients in the patient’s home. Perform light household duties that ensure safety and independence. Preferred Home Care has Full and Part Time positions including weekends, evenings and live-in assignments.
Applicants must be caring individuals who are willing to work with a diversity of people. There are no educational requirements, but applicants should be able to read and write English. "Bilingual-Spanish or Russian is a plus." No experience is necessary, but applicants must pass a reference/background check, physical exam and drug testing.
Full time and part time.
Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Manhattan
Tuesday, August 20, 2013 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm (appointment not required) at the New York State Department of Labor, 215 W 125th Street, 6th Floor, New York, N.Y. 10027.
Candidates must bring the following (all originals)
- Photo ID
- Social Security Card
- 2 Business/Professional Reference (No reference from friends or family members)
- Proof of Residence or Citizenship
- For Certified HHA: Must bring Original HHA or PCA Certificate
- For Certified HHA: Must bring full Physical (Rubella, Rubeola Titre, 2 PPDs (if negative), Chest X-Ray (if PPD is positive) and Drug Screen.
- NOTE: Physical and drug screening MUST be within 3 months.
Bus M15, M60, M102 to 125th Street
#2, 3, 4, 5, 6, A, C or D train to 125th Street
Metro North train to 125th Street
You can learn more about the occupation of Home Health Aides from the Occupational Outlook Handbook 2013.
Equal Opportunity Employer Program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.