Job Search Central
Carpenters Recruit Apprentices in August
The New York City District Council of Carpenters Apprenticeship and Training Committee will conduct recruitment from August 19, 2013 through August 30, 2013 for openings in the following trades: linoleum, resilient, tile and carpet layer; dock builder/pile driver; carpenter apprentices, State Labor Commissioner Peter M. Rivera announced on July 19, 2013.
To obtain an application, individuals must complete a NYCDCC of Carpenters lottery card with their name, address and Social Security Number. Application lottery cards will be available Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the New York City District Council of Carpenters JATC–Labor Technical College at 395 Hudson Street, New York, NY, excluding legal holidays, during the recruitment period. Only the applicant will be allowed to complete an application lottery card. All applicants must provide government issued picture identification.
One hundred (100) application cards will be available for linoleum, resilient, tile and carpet layer, one hundred fifty (150) application cards will be available for dock builder/pile driver and, five hundred (500) application cards will be available for carpenter.
This is a limited recruitment—apprenticeship lottery cards will be made available during the recruitment period or until all cards have been issued, whichever comes first.
Applicants will be notified by mail if their apprenticeship application lottery card is selected. These individuals will be required to attend a two-hour orientation where they will be provided with an apprenticeship application form and be scheduled for an interview.
Completed applications must be filed at 395 Hudson Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10014 at the completion of the initial orientation. All applications must be completed in person only. Proof of age, education, and Social Security Card (original) must be presented at time of application.
The Committee requires that applicants:
- Must be at least 17 years of age at time of application.
- Must have achieved a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (G.E.D.) (original or stamped and sealed) at time of application.
- Must have proof of United States Citizenship or have the legal right to work in the United States at time of application.
- Must be physically able to perform the work as determined by a physical examination. Within thirty (30) days of entrance into the Apprenticeship program all persons may be required to take a physical examination paid for by the JATC.
- Must report to a collection site designated by the JATC for a substance abuse screening within forty-eight (48) hours after a conditional offer has been extended for admission into the Apprenticeship program, paid for by the JATC.
For further information, applicants should contact their nearest New York State Department of Labor office or may contact the JATC at 212.727.2224 or check these websites: www.labor.ny.gov, www.nycdistrictcouncil.com.