Job Search Central
Free Job Training in Construction Trades: July and August
Brooklyn Workforce Innovations help jobless and working poor New Yorkers establish careers in sectors that offer good wages and opportunities for advancement.
Looking for a career in the construction trade?
Building Works Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program can get you there!
Brooklyn Workforce Innovations is proud to partner with the New York City District Council of Carpenters on Building Works, a pre-apprenticeship skills training program in construction and environmental remediation. This intensive 17–week program provides young men and women with a thorough introduction to the building trades and the opportunity to earn up to 13 combined licenses and certificates. Graduates work as Carpenters, Sheet Metal Workers, Painters, Laborers, Elevator Engineers and Electricians.
- Able to perform 8 hours of physical labor each day
- Travel to job sites throughout the city every day
- Be at least 18 years old
- An American Citizen or Naturalized Immigrant
- Have a valid State ID Card or Drivers License
- Able to pass a math and reading test at the 8th grade level
- Possess a High School diploma or GED at the time of application
- Be unemployed and /or have a low income
- Able to attend class Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. for 17 weeks
Don't miss out on his opportunity! Attend orientation NOW! Space is limited.
Only 3 orientations are available:
- Monday, July 29 at 9:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 6 at 10 a.m.
- Monday, August 12 at 9:30 a.m.
RSVP is NOT required. Any additional questions may be answered at Orientation.
Be on time—late comers will not be accepted.
You must possess the following documents when you come to one of the orientations:
- Birth Certificate/Citizenship Status
- Social Security Card
- Valid State Identification
- Proof of Address
- Proof of Income
- High school Diploma/GED
Orientation Location: 621 Degraw Street, Brooklyn, NY 11217
Take the R train to Union Street, walk two blocks and make a left on Degraw Street; or take the 2, 3, 4, 5, N, B, D, Q train to Atlantic Ave./Pacific Street. Go 8 blocks down 4th Ave until Degraw Street then make a right.
For more information, please contact Erica Plasse at 718-237-2017 x149 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to learn more about free job training programs, please visit Job Search Central, Science, Industry and Business Library at 188 Madison Avenue and 34th Street.