On-Site Recruitment: Home Health Aides on August 2
The New York State Department of Labor and Preferred Home Care of New York will present an on-site recruitment for Home Health Aides.
Provide care for clients in the patient’s home. Perform light household duties that ensure safety and independence. Preferred Home Care has full and part time positions including weekends, evenings and live-in assignments.
Applicants must be caring individuals who are willing to work with a diversity of people. There are no educational requirements, but applicants should be able to read and write English.
“Bilingual-Spanish or Russian is a plus.” No experience is necessary, but applicants must pass a reference/background check, physical exam and drug testing.
Wages: $9.50 per hour.
Hours: Full time and part time.
Job Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Manhattan
On-Site Recruitment is on Friday, August 2, 2013 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm (appointment not required) at New York State Department of Labor, 400 E. Fordham Road, 8th Floor, Bronx, N.Y. 10458.
Candidates must bring the following (ALL ORIGINALS):
- Photo ID
- Social Security Card
- 2 Business/professional Reference (No references from friends or family members)
- Proof of Residence or Citizenship
- For Certified HHA: Must bring original HHA or PCA Certificate
- Fro Certified HHA: Must bring Full Physical (Rebella, Rubeola Titre, 2PPDs (if negative), Chest X-Ray (if PPD is positive) and Drug Screen
- Note: Physical and drug screening MUST be within 3 months.
Bus Bx 41, 15, 55, 9, 17, 22, 12 to Fordham Road
#4, B,or D train to Fordham Road
Metro North to Fordham Road
Entrance on Webster Avenue.
You can learn more about the occupation of Home Health Aide from the Occupational Outlook Handbook 2013.
For more information on education and employment, please visit Job Search Central at 188 Madison Avenue and 34th Street.