Job Search Central
Free Job Training for Health Information Technology Professionals
CUNY Career PATH is a low-to no cost program funded by the grant program of the US Department of Labor Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training, also know as TAACCCT.
In order to ensure career advancement and successful college transition, CUNY Career PATH participants are given career-focused academic and English language skills instruction, job training leading to industry-recognized credentials and college credits, academic advisement, career counseling and employment assistance.
Hostos Community College, City University of New York, provides a free program which will train candidates who meet the eligibility requirements to join the healthcare workforce as “Health Information Technology Professionals.”
The Technical/Software Support Staff program will focus on:
- Networking and health information exchange
- Vendor-specific systems
- Introduction to information and computer science
- Working with health IT systems
- Installation and maintenance of health IT systems
- Configuration of electronic health records
Participants who successfully pass the HIT Pro exam at the end of the training will be in a high-demand position for area hospitals.
Upcoming Info-Session Dates:
Monday, July 15 6-9 p.m.
Monday, July 29 6-9 p.m.
- Adult, 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or GED
- Demonstrated academic and /or English language instruction needs
- Interested in getting a college degree
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Unemployed, a dislocated or TAA-eligible worker, or a worker at risk of losing a job or seeking career advancement
For more information on upcoming info-session dates please call 718-518-6831.
Hostos Community College is at 500 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY 10451.
The CUNY CareerPATH is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
For information on education and employment, please visit Job Search Central at 188 Madison Avenue and 34th Street.