Hand-Stitch a Valentine Handkerchief with Rebecca Ringquist!
UPDATE, 3:30PM, Friday, February 8th:
Due to the blizzard we've had to reschedule this event! It will now take place on Saturday, April 6th! Stay safe and warm, everyone!
I'm just putting the final touches on the plans for this weekend's Handmade Crafternoon (the first of three this spring — see the other dates below!), and I'm pretty excited. We've created this event in collaboration with the amazing people at Creativebug, and we'll be joined by one of their teachers, Rebecca Ringquist, who will lead us in embellishing cloth handkerchiefs with words of love (or whatever you wish!) using hand embroidery. Rebecca will talk a bit about her art and her love of old samplers, and she'll even share her trick for making ink disappear from fabric!
We'll have everything that you'll need to make a hankie at hand (a huge thanks to Creativebug and their partners for their generosity!), so you don't need to bring any supplies. Here are the details:
Here are the details on this event:
- This is a FREE event, but reservations are welcome because space is limited. To reserve your spot, please write to email@example.com with your name and the date of this event.
- Where: Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, Margaret Liebman Berger Forum (on the Second Floor, Room 227)
- When: Saturday, February 9th, 2013, from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
And, remember, if you want to mark your calendars and register, here are the details on other Handmade Crafternoons this season:
- March 9, 2013: Mother and Daughter Bead Artists Bert and Dana Freed!
- April 20, 2013: Decorative Arts DIY with Amy Azzarito!