Free Job Training in Food Service and Hospitality
The City University of New York, CUNY Career PATH program supports adult workers without jobs and those looking to advance their careers. This program provides opportunities to earn industry-recognized credentials and college credits and to find jobs in one of these five sectors:
CUNY Career PATH is a low-to no-cost program funded by the grant program of the U.S. Department of Labor Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training, also known as TAACCCT.
Kingsborough Community College, Center for Economic and Workforce Development presents FREE Training Opportunities.
This FREE training program conducted on the beautiful 70-acre campus of Kingsborough Community College, includes the following:
- Improving your academic skills and preparing for employment and/or college
- Help with seeking employment in Food Service or Hospitality industries
- Increasing your reading or math skills to meet workplace and college challenges
- Enrolling in Kingsborough Community College’s CUNY Career PATH Training Program
- Food Service Operations with College Preparatory Math
- Hospitality Operations and Management with College Preparatory Literacy
Professional Food Service Program
The Professional Food Service Career PATH Program at Kingsborough Community College provides students with hands-on training in Food Preparation and the skills to earn state and nationally recognized certificates in Food Safety and Food Production. Students will be introduced to the various components of the Food Service Industry , including fundamental cooking terminology , techniques and theories.
Participants who successfully complete this program will earn NRAEF Servsafe, NYC Department of Health Food Handlers Certificate, NRAEF Food Product Certificate and the Food Safety and Sanitation Certification. Credits earned can be applied to a Culinary Arts A.A.S. (Associate in Applied Science).
The Hospitality Career PATH Program at Kingsborough Community College provides students with an overview of the various organizations/agencies that make up the Tourism and hospitality Industry. Participants will focus on “front of the house” operations, the role and importance of proper wait service and an introduction to basic catering skills.
Participants who successfully complete this program will earn NRAEF Customer Service Certification and NRAEF Servsafe Alcohol Certification. Credits earned during the Career PATH Hospitality Program can be applied to a Tourism and Hospitality A.A.S. (Associate in Applied Science).
Upcoming Information Sessions for the above two programs:
Info-sessions are offered every Monday and Wednesday from 9am to 1pm. Sessions will run from August 20th until September 26th, 2012. Training will begin the week of October 1, 2012.
- Adult, 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or GED
- Demonstrated academic and/or English language instruction needs
- Interested in getting a college degree
- Legally authorized to workin the United States
- Unemployed, a dislocated or TAA-eligible worker, or a worker at risk of losing a job or seeking career advancement
For more information call 718-368-6635 or 718-368-5775, or visit Kingsborough Community College at 2001 Oriental Boulevard, Brooklyn, NY 11235.
If you want to learn more about free job training, please visit Job Search Central online or in person at 188 Madison Avenue and 34th Street.