Job Search Central
Free Job Training in Security and Driving for Women
Brooklyn Workforce Innovations (BWI) helps jobless and working poor New Yorkers establish careers in sectors that offer good wages and opportunities for advancement.
BWI Was founded January 1, 2000 and is an affiliate of Fifth Avenue Committee, Inc., a South Brooklyn community development corporation.
BWI’s mission is to empower low- and moderate–income people by creating living-wage employment opportunities and access to career paths. They seek to develop programs that counter prevailing market inequalities (especially those based on race or gender) and continue to broader movement for economic justice.
New York Drives
Offering the opportunity to enter the Security Field and obtain a Driver’s License.
- Classes are at no cost to you!
- This program is for WOMEN ONLY
- Up to 30 hours of driving lessons, road test included
- Free 8 hour and 16 hour security certifications and NYS security license
- 60 hours of Career Development classes to empower your job search
- Program includes Job Placement Assistance
- 21 years of age or over
- New York City resident
- Food stamp recipient
- Legally eligible to work in the US
- High School Diploma or GED
- Full-time availability
- Must NOT have driver or security license
To be considered for Security Cycle
Attend one of the following information sessions:
Thursday Sept. 6 @ 2pm
Wednesday Sept. 12 @ 2:30pm
Wednesday Sept. 19 @ 2:30pm
- Late comers will not be admitted
- RSVP is not required, walk-ins welcome
- This training is offered only once a year
- Must attend an information session by September 19th to be considered
Sessions held at 621 DeGraw Street (between 3rd Ave and 4th Ave), Brooklyn, NY 11217. (R train to Union Street)
Contact: 718-237-2017 ext. 163 or email email@example.com
For more information on free job training, please visit Job Search Central at the Science, Industry and Business Library online or in person at 188 Madison Avenue and 34th Street.