Free Information Technology Workforce Training for Women
Per Scholas has received grants from the Liz Claiborne and New York Women’s foundations to provide women training in Information Technology, which includes two IT industry certifications, CompTIA A+ and Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) and placement in career-track IT jobs. Per Scholas is participating in a random assignment (RA) research project with MDRC – WORKADVANCE.
Per Scholas especially encourages women 18-24 and women veterans of these campaigns — OIF/OEF/OND — to enroll.
Course benefits include:
- FREE Tuition: All books, exams and materials included
- FREE Career counseling and job placement assistance
- Over 500 hours of rigorous “hands-on” instruction
- 10 College credits
Become fully versed in:
- Computer maintenance
- Installation and troubleshooting
- Networking concepts
- Security and customer service
- Microsoft technologies
- Ages 18 – 55
- High school diploma or GED
- Genuine interest in pursuing a career in IT
- Legal NYC resident
- Available to attend classes 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Mon.-Fri.)
How Do I Register?
Attend Orientation in Person. No Appointment Needed.
Visit Per Scholas (Monday – Thursday) at 9:00 a.m.
Per Scholas is at 804 East 138th Street, Bronx, New York 10454. Accessible by the 6 Train to Cypress Ave.
For more information contact Per Scholas at 718-991-8400 / www.perscholas.org
For more information on free job training, please visit Job Search Central online or in person at 188 Madison Avenue at 34th Street.