June 2011 NYPL Blog Highlights
- This month we rallied with our friends and ultimately got most of our funding restored. Thank you for your letters (and hugs) of support.
- We ventured up north and back down to the Big Easy (with a lot of other librarians from around the country!)
- We met a painter and a photographer.
- We kicked off summerreading.org and picked out a few reads for our trip to the beach; in addition to a LOL-worthy book, we packed some unusual snacks, a coloring sheet, a tiny kite and our avatar into a stylish tote bag.
- After that outing we prepared for some sci fi TV time. With a side of cheesy movie.
- We stopped by the Library's crowdsourcing buffet for a few additional helpings.
- We looked deep within ourselves, even the language we speak, to find answers to life's questions.
- This month we felt pride for the state we live in.
- And because we read NYPL blogs every day... we got on top of the holds list.
NYPL has been actively blogging since 2007. There are currently over 1,945 posts that serve as a knowledge base of the collections, services, and expertise of 100 librarians and staff from more than 65 departments, libraries and research divisions. About NYPL Blogs.