Free Programs at New Dorp Library — May 2011
This May 2011, New Dorp Library has quite an arrangement of awesome programs for all ages!
From myth writing for kids, computer training for adults, to good old fashioned video game playing for teens — check out what else we have in store for you at the Library!
Take a gander at some highlights for this month.
- Hey kiddies, every Wednesday, join in on our Picture Book Time! At 4 p.m., our librarians will take you on a magical journey through reading stories on our story steps! May 4, 11, 18 & 25 for ages 3 and older!
- On Thursday, May 26 at 4 p.m., learn about myths and write one of your own at our Myth Writing and Craft program!
- Pre-Registration is required and will begin on May 19 for ages 6 to 12.
- Baby Rhyme Time is and excellent way to begin introducing your infants to the Library! Friday, May 27 at 10:30 a.m. bring your baby to interact with simple books, gentle movements, and rhymes! This is for ages birth to 12 months old; pre-registration is required one week prior to the program.
- May 25 at 2:30 p.m. will be the official last meeting of the Teen Art Club, until it combines with the Anime Club to create "Teen Club" in June. Come join in and create your own artwork that will be displayed in our Third Annual Art Gallery in August!
- Every teen's favorite program will be occurring twice this month! Stop by on Monday, May 16 or 23 for Teen Cafe! Drop in afer school at 2:30 p.m. and get your game on! The PS3 will be ready, but will you be?
- Have a question about setting up an email or just about your computer in general? On May 18, we'll be having our Wireless Wednesday laptop tutoring. Feel free to bring in your own laptop or use one of the provided ones. This program is held at 10:30 a.m.; pre-registration is rquired and begins one week prior to the class.
- You've heard about it, now try it for free in the Library! ZUMBA class! An excellent workout and loads of fun! Come in on Thursday, May 12 & 19 at 12:30 p.m. and show us what you can do! Dress comfortable and don't forget your water bottle!
- Friday, May 13, our Adult Book Discussion group will meet at 2:30 p.m. to discuss The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid: A Memoir by Bill Bryson. Missed this month's book? Get a head start on the next book!
To pre-register for any program, please call: (718) 351-2977.
These are just a few — look at our calendar for more programs! Bookmark our post or maybe even print it out and share it with a friend!
We hope to see you soon at New Dorp Library.
Don't forget to fill out a letter of support for your Library when you visit!
Click any of these links below for a complete list of our programs!