March 2011 NYPL Blog Highlights
- We read Brava, Valentine and even got to talk to the author.
- We talked to some other cool people we know too.
- We got to go behind the scenes.
- We looked back at snowy Marches past and searched desperately for signs of spring.
- We celebrated (and helped you with research topics on) the women of yesterday and today.
- We took a few needed mental vacations—to the moon and back home.
- We indulged our guilty fascination with celebrities.
- We became obsessed... with thoughts of zombie attack (Basically: stay away from Washington Square. Head to central Staten Island.)
- We advocated for our rights: as citizens to open information, and as workers to safe workplaces and fair compensation.
- We thought about what it would be like to experience life without a sense of hearing or vision.
- And because we lost an hour this month, we looked for ways to help you save time.
I hope I at least saved you a little time by creating this digest of the past month's worth of blog posts. There are even more that I couldn't summarize here. Please give all of our bloggers a roar of applause. We're out like a lion.
NYPL has been actively blogging since 2007. There are currently over 1,600 posts that serve as a knowledge base of the collections, services, and expertise of 87 librarians and staff from more than 65 departments, libraries and research divisions. About NYPL Blogs.