April 2011 Programs at New Dorp - Free!
We are very excited to have many great programs for you this April 2011. From puppet shows, to bilingual celebrations; from Irish dancing to Zumba! Meet a NYTimes Best Seller Author, and come to celebrate Staten Island's 350th Anniversary! Sounds intriguing? Keep reading!
Please note there are downloadable calendars with all the events at the end of this post, so you can make a copy for yourself and pass it along to friends!
- On Thursday April 7th we will have a puppet show, "The Silkie," a mythic story of a wondrous creature from the sea who is bestowed with the mystic power of walking the earth as human.
- We have two great programs celebrating Earth Day: Thursday April 21st @ 4 PM and Friday April 22nd at 2 PM.
- We have our 3rd annual celebration “Día de los niños / Día de los Libros” – “Children’s Day / Books Day” on April 28th @ 2:30 PM. Here is a video from our celebration last year.
- We conclude our Knitting Workshop on April 6th! And we continue to have our Teen Café and Teen Art and Anime Club programs.
- Irish Music and Dance - Community Ceili. Dance to the music of Ireland. Instruction will be provided. Listeners also welcome!
- As part of Staten Island’s 350th Anniversary Celebration we are hosting a “Memories” program for the New Dorp, Grant City, Midland Beach, Oakwood and surrounding communities. Come and share memories of life in your neighborhood. Meet friends old and new. Saturday April 16th @ 2 PM.
- Would you like to meet a NY Times Bestseller author? Come on Saturday April 23rd @ 2:30 PM and meet TJ English. His most recent book is The Savage City, put it on hold, read it, and come chat with him!
- Last, but not least - we are starting a Zumba class! Thursdays April 14th & 21st at 12:30 PM. Come and join the fun!
… and there are many more in our full calendar! Feel free to bookmark this post, print out a copy, and pass it around!
Please click on any of the links below for a copy of a complete list of our programs.
We hope to see you here at your Library!