The Reader's Den: Discussion Questions for "Passing"
I hope you have been enjoying Passing by Nella Larsen.
Please share your thoughts about the novel or the author and take a moment to discuss any of the questions posted below.
- How do Irene’s views on race differ from Clare’s?
- What are Irene’s feelings for Clare?
- What themes does the novel address beyond the issue of “passing”?
- How does Larsen give substance to the setting and time period?
- Do you think Clare’s fall was an accident?
The discussion at the Reader's Den is always ongoing, so please share your thoughts at any time!