Teen Central Teens Say: We Need our Libraries!
We just finished a Teen Advisory Group (TAG) meeting. We discussed the proposed budget cuts, and decided it is time to act. We wrote our reasons for loving the library—the ways we use it, why it's so important to us, and why it needs to stay open!
We are the Teen Central Teen Advisory Group (TAG). We are people who meet every week at the library to plan programs and give advice and guidance to the Teen Librarians.
We are writing today to prevent the massive budget cuts that the library is facing. The library is important to us because of many reasons:
- We do our homework at the library.
- We hang out and meet friends at the library.
- We read books—books that we can’t get anywhere else—at the library.
- We are treated with respect at the library.
- We have internet access at the library.
- We learn how to do stuff at the library.
We depend on the library to be a safe, welcoming space in New York City. If these budget cuts go through, the people who depend on the library will suffer. Please help us.
Please—restore funding so that our libraries can stay open. New Yorkers need libraries more than ever!
Thank you for your time,
The Teen Central TAG