(1/2x + ... = ?, Calculators that Crush Challenging Math Problems
The World Wide Web is a great source for online calculators. Some of these calculators are much more powerful than your typical desktop calculator. They show you not only the answer to your problem but also the step-by-step process used to get to that answer.
If a student is not sure how to do a math problem these calculators can help…but…there is often more than one way to solve a problem. A teacher may show a different method of solving a problem.
These calculators cover different subjects and work in different ways. Choose the one you like best.
- Equations: Solving, Simplifying, Solve by Factoring, Completing the Square, Graphing, 3D Graphing, Substitution
- Expressions: Simplifying, Combining, Factoring, Substitution, Evaluating Like Terms
- Functions: Graphing
- Numbers: Factoring, Prime Factoring, Percentages
- Fractions: Simplifying, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Comparison
- Other: Proportions, Order of Operations
- Algebra: Expand, Factor, Simplify, Cancel, Partial Fractions, Joint Fractions
- Equations: Solve, Plot, Quadratics
- Inequalities: Solve, Plot
- Calculus: Differentiate, Integrate
- Matrices: Arithmetic, Inverse, Determinant
- Graphs: Equations, Inequalities
- Numbers: Percentages, Scientific notation
- Algebra: Quadratic, Two-Point Problem, Pythagorean Theorem, Cubic Equations, Quartic Equation, Greatest Common Factor, FOIL, Greatest Common Divisor (GCD) & Least Common Multiplier (LCM), Parabola (Quadratic) Graph, Factorial Function
- Geometry: What kind of triangle? Perimeter, Square, Rectangle, Regular Polygon, Triangle, Circumference of a Circle, Area, Rectangle (Square too), Circle, Triangle, Triangle-Heron (Hero) Formula
- Also: Quadrilateral, Trigonometry Statistics, Business Math, Science: Physics, Chemistry, Rocketry, Electronics, Astronomy, Weather/Meteorological Calculators, Engineering, Financial, Converters,...