One-on-One Job Support
Meet with an NYPL staff member in-person or virtually via phone or Google Meet to jump-start your job search, get resume support, and obtain the right resources to find the job you desire. Each One-on-One Job Support appointment provides unbiased, objective feedback that will be tailored to your job search and individual patron needs. We're prepared to help you make the most of every opportunity.
Our trained NYPL One-on-One Job Support staff can help you:
- Write and format a basic resume and cover letter
- Complete employment applications
- Identify job search resources such as job boards
- Learn how to use NYPL databases, like Brainfuse JobNow
- Find partner organizations for job training, employment, professional clothing, and more
Looking for something more in-depth?
- Discover the NYPL Career Services Career Coaching service.
- Explore databases with career advice and job search tools.
- Find high-quality online resources.
- Sign up for workshops, seminars, and panels.
- You may book four one-on-one job search appointments in a three-month period. We recommend that you work with one NYPL Career Service team member to assure the best benefit for you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to switch.
- Before the session, you will be contacted with information regarding your appointment.
To make the most of your virtual and in-person appointment, review the information below and if possible have it handy to discuss during the meeting.
Bring resume/cover letter materials or send to Careerservices@nypl.org prior to appointment
Know your email account name and password to use while completing job applications
Bring any questions or relevant information that you wish to share with the Career Services team member during the appointment
One-on-One Job Search is a sought-after service; therefore,
If you are unable to keep your appointment, immediately cancel as soon as possible, at least within 24 hours by using one of the following methods:
Call Career Services at 212-592-7006 to leave a message or email email@example.com .
Please include your name, appointment date/time, and any additional information you may have. An NYPL staff member will contact you as soon as possible within 36 hours (Monday - Friday).
- The courtesy of canceling the appointment in advance will permit the timely rescheduling of your appointment.
- Excessive no-shows will result in ineligibility for this service; please do not schedule an appointment you know you cannot keep.
- Without an e-mail address, you will not receive confirmation or reminders of your appointment.
Career Services Public Notice & Disclaimer
Career-related documents, such as job applications, may contain private and sensitive information about you, such as your date of birth, social security number, and home address. Please take care not to share such information with the Career Services team member.
For more information about internet safety for minors, please see the Library’s Internet Safety for Children and Teens notice.